- Photography Composition – Tips For Composing Great Pictures – PictureCorrect
Quote: Learning how to properly compose pictures can mean the difference between great looking pictures and bad ones. This article will help give you some tips to improve your photo composition and take great digital pictures.
- Photography v. Reality « Photofocus
Quote: I’m reminded of a quote I learned from my original photo mentor – Jack Russell. It was a quote from Arnold Newman – “Photography, as we all know, is not real at all. It is an illusion of reality with which we create our own private world.”
- Dissecting the Work of Others | Phaim (fāme) — Larry Becker’s Blog
Quote: By dissecting these works and trying to duplicate the style, it causes you to think more analytically about that artist’s work and your own work as well. The better you understand the various elements of a composition, the better you will be when planning a shoot or working on a project. You’ll have a better eye for composition and vision for the finished piece.
- Getting The Job – Five Steps in Every Successful Professional Photographic Assignment- Going Pro 2010
Quote: five steps photographers go through every time they are hired as a professional photographer. While these five steps may not apply to every genre of professional photography, the concepts are similar enough to be useful to all. Additionally, you should know there are many more steps that might be added to this workflow, but I consider these the minium steps.
- How to Achieve Better Bokeh – 4 Simple Tips
Quote: There are four basic techniques to improve your bokeh: adjusting depth-of-field, choosing the proper lens, creating custom bokeh, and using bokeh to relate with the foreground.
- AFP and Twitter and the Photographer on Burns Auto Parts blog
Quote: Do the right thing for your work and your business. Read TOS and T&Cs and do not use services that grab too many rights. Yes, many of those services are easier than finding alternatives, but the price for that ease is too high
- Creativity Starts with a Blank Canvas | Black Star Rising
Quote: As a street photographer, my goal is to find something fresh, new and different. But if I’m not careful, I can wind up in an endless loop of déja vu.